Sunday, August 21, 2011

{ A Bushel and a Peck...of Peaches }



Sweet Georgia Peaches! One of my favorite things about summer is stopping off at roadside fruit stands and taking advantage of the season's locally farm grown produce. The Georgia state line is about an hour north of us which means we get to enjoy fresh picked Georgia peaches throughout the summer. I love how the peaches sit  warming in the sun. I love fruit best when it is warmed by the sun. A peach in particular is like biting right into a slice of cobbler b/c the sun has warmed it and brought all those juices to the surface. It's like taking a bite of summer. Pure peach bliss!


I love you a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck, 
and a hug around the neck. (in my best Doris Day voice)


Sealed with a Kiss, Kirsten
 S.W.A.K.

2 comments:

ArtyZen said...

I love peaches too but how I love the buckets they're in!! I may have to visit Georgia to buy a few of them - they really are irresistible. Gorgeous photos!
Axx

Unknown said...

Do you know if peaches keep well, as in can they be frozen? If yes, then save some for around Christmas but remember to thaw them out before we arrive. Otherwise, you may eat those we would like to eat as well.