Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Green Eggs and Ham, Sam I am!


March 2 is the Birthday of beloved children's author, Dr. Seuss...it is also my younger sister's Bday and the day Texas gained it's independence 175 years ago. Needless to say, March 2 is a big day in my household! In honor of Dr. Seuss's Birthday, we made a very Seussical omelette; Green Eggs and Ham (well, I forgot the ham so I had to use a hot dog.) The omelette is a blend of eggs, broccoli, and, in this case, hot dog wiener, and all held together with yummo swiss cheese. My daughter loves omelettes. She made me so happy when she said, "I gotta make sure I get some good yummy broccoli on my fork with each bite." (insert glowing proud mother here). And, because one can never have enough wackiness on the Birthday of Dr. Seuss, I used green food coloring to tint a glass of vanilla soy milk.

Today you are you, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is youer than you. --Dr. Seuss

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. --Dr. Seuss

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose. --Dr. Seuss

Sealed with a Kiss, Kirsten
S.W.A.K.

1 comment:

ArtyZen said...

Love it! Dr. Seuss is a favourite of ours too. Axxx