Saturday, March 5, 2011

{ Of course, it's fake chicken, Honey }


About 2 yrs ago, Saylor said she wanted to be a vegetarian (except for seafood). Typical for my daughter, but, shocking to me. Being a mom from the great COUNTRY of Texas (6th generation Texan) aka the land of Cattle, Angus, and King Cotton....did I mention the Land of Cattle..., I was concerned I brought home the wrong baby from the hospital. How could my little Texan wanna be a vegetarian? I wonder if moving to Florida has anything to do with this hifalutin' idea of hers?
I told her don't worry, the meat I buy is fake (Not true. Not true at all). Two years ago, she was younger and, therefore, more gullible. I was able to get away with little white lies. As she gets older, it isn't as easy. But, I still try.
Fast forward 2 years to the present day----- I made a well seasoned roast chicken today(house smells GREAT!) When I pulled it out of the oven, Saylor asked, "Are you absolutely sure that's a fake chicken?"
"The fakest money can buy!" I replied.

Sealed with a Kiss, Kirsten
S.W.A.K.

1 comment:

dannigirl said...

ooooh girl, wait until she finds out the truth. she's not going to be happy. lol
funny story.
~danni