Monday, October 10, 2011

{ Muscadines }


For the past 4 years, we set out on a late Thursday afternoon to go pick grapes; Muscadine grapes. These grapes are so aromatic and have the taste of a long summer beneath their skin. They are black, velvety purple, and a bronze green(my favorite). 
Picking muscadines with my daughter always marks the end of summer for me and the start of Fall. 
I'll never forget something she said the first time we walked down the rows picking grapes off the vine."Mom, do you think this is what Heaven is like because I really like it here." 



No word best describes the act of taking a plump
sun-warmed grape off the vine and popping into your mouth



We pick muscadines...and she also likes to catch the grasshoppers and lizards who laze about the vines.

the best grapes are up underneath the vines




I love gnarly vines

Well hello there

She is my Sunshine who makes me happy when skies are gray


Muscadine grapes also make a wonderful wine. Our local winery, San Sebastian , has a great selection of wines featuring muscadine grapes. My favorite is their Vintner's White.

Sealed with a Kiss, Kirsten
S.W.A.K.










1 comment:

ArtyZen said...

Looks heavenly to me too. Axxx