Tuesday, June 7, 2011

{ Lonestar Refried Bean Dip. Plus, What's Playing on my Virtual Victrola }


There are certain flavors unique to Texas which I sometimes get to missing; flavors I grew up with like a spicy skillet made dip.
Using the banana peppers, roma tomatoes, and jalapenos I grew, I made this refried bean dip.
I call it When Your Missing Texas Refried Bean Dip -----or for short, Lonestar Refried Bean Dip.
3 jalapenos, in my opinion, give it just enough spice. However, if you want to kick up the sizzle on the tongue factor, use Pepper Jack cheese instead of Colby Jack. 



NEED

Enough extra virgen olive oil to lightly coat a medium size skillet
3 small jalapenos finely chopped
2 banana peppers finely chopped
2 Roma tomatoes finely chopped
1/2 yellow onion finely chopped
1/2 cup sliced black olives
2 minced garlic cloves
1 tbsp ground Cumin
1 tbsp Adobo Seasoning
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 16oz can Refried Beans
1 8oz box plain Cream Cheese Spread
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese (or Pepper Jack for extra spicy)
Tortilla Chips or Fritos for dipping

--------Lightly coat a medium skillet w/ extra virgen olive oil. Add chopped jalapenos, banana peppers, onion, tomatoes, and minced garlic. Saute over a low to medium heat. Add can of refried beans, cream cheese, colby jack, and black olives to skillet. Stir until all is well blended and cheeses are melted. Add Cumin, Adobo, salt & pepper. Stir and serve warm with tortilla chips or Fritos for dipping.

This is a really great song; Let's Go To Luckenbach, Texas ....la la la la la. One of my favorites and so very TEXAS. It's what I have playing on my Virtual Victrola . Click and have a listen. It's my song for you. Now go make that bean dip and enjoy!

Sealed with a Kiss, Kirsten
S.W.A.K.

No comments: